Birchbag....!?!


I'm sure we've all figured by now, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of Birchbox, apart from a few rare instances I haven't found many of the products inside to be really very interesting or of use to myself personally, plus the amount of non cruelty free products I get from them puts me off completely.
I have asked them before for a cruelty free check box but to no avail, so if you strive for cruelty free skincare and make up, I would advise you avoid them.


To try and liven things up, Birchbox decided to try out a Birchbag for the summer, in four different neon shades for the quintessential 90's throw back look.
This meant they turned up in a thin green package that could be delivered through the letter box, wasn't the greatest idea tho for reasons that will soon become obvious.


Unani is an odd company, I can't find them online outside of Birchbox webpages so can't find if they are cruelty free, or anything about their company.
This is an aloe vera treatment to work as an after sun product, I rarely burn and never manage to tan, but I shall be passing this along to Edd who recently suffered with the worst sunburn I have ever seen! I think he'd appreciate it.
Balance Me however is a cruelty free company, who won't sell in countries where animal testing is compulsory.
This skin serum is basically a spot treatment to help unclog congested skin. I rarely right now am spot free (jinxed myself there....cue breakout pre wedding day) so can't test it fully, but I did wonder about how many ingredients are used in this product, especially the many chemically sounding names which makes me want to throw it away more than put it onto my skin.
I don't use benefit products, their own website FAQ's state they don't test on animals, except in cases where its legally required.
For me that is just not good enough.


Although the shade of this Soigné polish wasn't one I would pick myself, it does apply to the nails very evenly, dries quickly, and gives plenty of interesting sugary almond colour.
At £11 a bottle, and with loads and loads of other cute and lust inducing shades available on their website, I'm pretty sure I may start somewhat of a collection depending on how well this colour holds up!
Nail file is always handy, so er...yeah thanks for the nail file Birchbox.


So now you see why I don't think the bag was a great idea....
Who puts easily breakable powders into a slightly padded envelope and hope it holds up in our postal system!?!
I saw a lot of people have complained about receiving theirs the same way, some of which have had replacements sent to them, I didn't bother as really this product kinda looked cheap and not like something I would ever use anyway.
So one decent product that I could get mildly excited about in one months box, sorry bag, but not really enough to keep the subscription going.
I did only receive this months instalment as I signed up to see if the French Sole box I wrote about the other day was worth it, and didn't cancel in time to not get this one!
It has now been cancelled so I doubt I'll ever be writing about Birchbox again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...